Selling Your Baby, Part I: Maximizing the Value of Your Transaction (September 19, 2012, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Eastern)
At a time of unprecedented change in the healthcare field, many business owners are seeking to make a transaction from ownership to the next life stage. This applies to for-profit companies, as well as non-profit organizations.
This webinar—the first in a two-part series—will provide valuable information with the following takeaways:
- The top-10 questions for making a thoughtful choice
- A detailed "Making Your Baby Beautiful" checklist
- The top-five transaction options
- The five best representation options
- The nine steps of a classic transaction
- 10 typical elements of a seller's "book"
- Opportunities for sellers post-transaction
The final portion of the webinar will feature a live Q&A session.
Selling Your Baby, Part II: The Buyer's Perspective (October 17, 2012 - 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Eastern)
More than ever, healthcare business owners and leaders are seeking to diversify their funding and revenue in the growing "new normal" of their marketplace. Acquisition has increasingly become one of the strategic options for diversification, especially nonprofits seeking to thrive in challenging times.
This webinar—the second in a two-part series—will provide these important takeaways:
- The eight key questions to consider before buying a company;
- The top eight lies that potential buyers tell themselves;
- The 15 value elements for all buyers to review;
- The major resources for finding business opportunities;
- What to look for in buyer representation agreements; and
- The major points to consider in post-transaction integration.
Tom Schramski, PhD, is vice president of American Healthcare Capital. A former provider CEO/owner with more than 30 years of experience, Tom currently works as a strategy consultant and advisor in the healthcare field. He is the author of Selling Your Baby, a nationally distributed e-book on the healthcare ownership transition process.