Membership Support Assistant
The American Network of Community Options and Resources (ANCOR) is looking for a dynamic and energetic individual to work full-time as our Membership Support Assistant. This position offers an opportunity to work and grow as a dynamic association professional alongside a dedicated team of 15 staff based in the heart of Old Town Alexandria, VA.
ANCOR is a vibrant national nonprofit trade association that represents more than 1,600 providers of services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. For nearly 50 years, ANCOR has been a leading advocate for these community providers at the Federal level.
The Membership Support Assistant will report to the Chief Operations Officer (COO) and will be an integral part of both our Membership and our Administration teams. Since this role will support both internal staff and external members and non-members, attention to detail and friendly communication skills are essential to this role.
In addition to these communication skills, knowledge of or willingness to learn Association Membership operations, Office Administration duties, and/or skill with Association Management Software (netFORUM), would make for an ideal candidate.
Duties of ANCOR's Membership Support Assistant will include:
- Supporting members and potential members by assisting with event registrations, membership applications and renewals.
- Coordinating the membership renewal process.
- Managing the member database and maintaining member records.
- Providing administrative and office management support.
- Processing mail and packages.
- Assisting with association events such as Annual Conference and annual Policy Summit.
- Developing policies and procedures for administrative activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree at minimum; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with using databases for data entry and management
- Research and analytical skills to gather and compile complex data and information
- Ability to handle confidential data (e.g., budget and salary information, contractual terms and conditions, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving abilities; willingness and eagerness to find creative and cost-effective solutions to operational issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including anticipating the needs of members and staff, and keeping staff informed of problems and project status
- Ability to take initiative and be resourceful in maintaining a professional work environment
- Flexibility and adaptability, including ability to multi-task and work in a busy environment
- Eagerness to contribute to team effort by providing support on a variety of projects as needed
- Ability to work independently
- Results driven
- Support database maintenance by entering new and updated contact and account information.
- Validate data by reviewing for incomplete data, inaccuracies, purging duplicates, and reporting other deficiencies for appropriate resolution
- Enter dues, registrations, contributions and sales into database
- Sen invoices and receipts for receivables.
- Reconcile database receivables with finance department
- Assist with printed and electronic file management
Front Office Administration
- Answer calls to main phone and direct calls as appropriate
- Ship, receive and sort mail and deliveries
- Assist in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office and kitchen supplies, including office printed materials (e.g., brochures, stationery, business cards, etc.)
- Submit service or maintenance requests as needed (e.g., requests to condo association)
- Maintain and improve office policies and procedures
- Orient new staff and interns on office policies and procedures
- Assist with electronic file management
- Assist with preparation of reports and other written assignments, as needed (e.g., board meeting preparations; data gathering for annual reports; etc.)
- Prepare, mail and maintain records of annual disclosure notices to users of shared purchasing network.
- Assist proofing and editing documents, as needed
- Mail merge and mailings, as needed
ANCOR is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, people of color, immigrants, women and members of the LGBTQ community are especially encouraged to apply because we believe diverse perspectives enhance our work.
Salary Range: $35,000-$45,000. Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to Gabrielle Sedor, COO, at [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. We hope to welcome our new team member prior to November 1, 2019.